Hire a wheelchair accessible vehicle
Nationwide Mobility Vehicles has mobility vehicle hire available for people with disabilities, recovering from surgery or just having trouble getting in and out of a vehicle. All mobility vehicles for hire come with 4-point Mobility tie-down systems and seat belts. Every mobility vehicle for rent is automatic and has air-conditioning.
We also have the option available to add on a mobility scooter for hire (prices on application).
THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN HIRING ONE OF OUR MOBILITY VEHICLES:
- Wheelchair – measure length and width from outside rim to outside rim.
- Height of person in the wheelchair – measure from ground to top of head or highest point.
- Weight of person in the chair (this determines ramp lift vehicle as the ramps are rated).
MOBILITY HIRE VEHICLES
The following models are an idea on what is available for Mobility Vehicle Hire:
Toyota Granvia Modelista – Seats 6 includes lift seat in front + 1 Wheelchair
- Internal height up behind front passenger 1.43m
- Internal height at the rear is 1.4m
- Ramp width 830mm
- Ramp load 250kg
Mazda 2 Flashe Cab – Seats 2 + Wheelchair
- Internal height where wheelchair sits 1.4m
- Ramp width 735mm
- Ramp load 200kg
Toyota Granvia – Seats 3 + Wheelchair
- Internal height where wheelchair sits 1.36m
- Ramp width 830mm, length 1.4m
- Ramp lift – 250kg
Seats 6 + 2 Manual Wheelchairs or 1 Powerchair
- Internal height where wheelchairs sit 1.55m
- Ramp width 820mm
- Ramp lift - 250kg